Dive Rite Nomad Ray Sidemount Harness BCD
The Nomad Ray is the product of years of design, development, field testing and feedback from some of the world’s leading sidemount divers and instructors. The result is a sidemount system that has a flat, streamlined fit and an ergonomic shape that sits tight against the diver’s body. Its unique and innovative features will appeal to sidemount divers of all skill levels.
- Superfabric® Abrasion Resistant Panel – If you happen to find yourself in a tight spot, the full-length abrasion resistant “skid plate” has your back. Providing wear protection exactly where it’s needed the most. Superfabric® is a fast drying, highly durable and slash resistant material. The Nomad Ray is ready to stand up to the toughest diving environments.
- Bungees and Belly Band – The Nomad Ray uses a fast, tool-less bungee length adjustment system. Simply pull to the desired length, tie a single overhand not, and tuck the excess into the integrated sleeve. A quick adjust belly band with custom molded bungee hook keeps the wing wrapped snug around the diver’s body.
- Rapid Adjustment – The Nomad Ray can be easily adjusted to comfortably fit all body types. The independently adjustable harness design can be quickly setup for any diver. Shoulder and waist webbing can be easily replaced independently if damaged or trimmed too short.
- Versatility – The Nomad Ray is perfectly adapted to diving aluminum or steel tanks, in warm or cold water, from entry level sidemount dives to the most demanding technical exploration. A 42lb lift capacity provides the buoyancy necessary for heavy steel tanks and multiple stage or deco bottles. A dual bladder option is available to provide redundancy.
- Optimized Hardware - Custom designed stainless steel hardware pieces include the waist transition plates, drop down D-rings, sliding D-rings, dog bone crotch strap double D-ring and bungee retention slides.
- Integrated Internal Weight Pockets – A zipper on the inside of the wing allows access to three integrated weight pockets capable of holding up to 5 pounds each of hard or soft weight. This design maintains the lowest profile possible while providing quick access for adding trim weights or adjusting mission specific weighting. Padded pocket walls add protection and comfort for the diver’s back.
- Inflation and OPVs – A 16” corrugated inflation hose allows multiple mounting options to keep the inflator close at hand. The hose can easily be swapped from the left to the right side of the wing according to diver preference. The Ray includes two pull dump/OPVs. One is located at the top on the inside of the wing with a shoulder pull dump utilizing custom molded slides to route the pull cord. The second is located on the bottom outside, offset to the diver’s left to maintain a low profile back and for easier access when used with multiple cylinders or CCRs.
- Outer Shell: SuperFabric™ material with 600 denier fabric for the back side center panel, and 1000 denier nylon fabric on the diver’s side.
- Inner Bladder: Heavy duty 420 denier nylon laminated
- Hose: 16 in (30.4 cm) corrugated with inflate/deflate valve. Can be configured on left or right side.
- Exhaust Valves: 1 pull-dump at top, center, and one at bottom/right corner of wing
- Internal weight pockets: 3 padded internal pockets that can hold up to 5 pounds each of either hard or soft weight
- Adjustable Bungee System: 42 in of diamond braid bungee for each side adjustment
- Crotch Strap: 2 in (5 cm) padded strap with scooter ring
- Hardware: Marine-grade stainless steel throughout: 2 angled D-rings on shoulders, 2 angled D-rings on waist, 2 sliding waist D-rings, 2 chest bungee retainer slides, 2 rear drop D-rings for primary tank attachment, 1 dog bone double D-ring on crotch strap for accessories.