Getting the ‘thumbs up' sign is probably the worst signal any diver can receive since it signifies that the dive has ended. Extending time, and sometimes depth, in water is probably every divers desire.
The RAID DECO 40 program forms a bridge between recreational and technical diving. The problem with technical diving is that it has marketed and positioned itself as unattainable for the average diver. Divers are led to believe they must have superhuman strength and mental agility to participate in a technical diving program. Of course, here at RAID we believe this is simply not the case, but believing and acting are two totally different things.
The Deco 40 program is aimed squarely at the recreational market and not at the technical market. The program is ideally completed using modified recreational equipment. Deco 50 Instructors may teach the Deco 40 program using twinsets, and Deco 40 instructors certified as Sidemount Instructors may teach the program in sidemount configuration. The Deco 40 makes an ideal entry-level decompression program, but it must be noted that it has been created with the recreational diver in mind.
The program overview is as follows:
- Being aimed directly at the recreational diver, participants may complete the course using traditional recreational equipment. The only provision is that the BCD or wing needs to have D-Rings capable of attaching a side slung cylinder.
- Divers must fit a 2 metre/7-foot primary regulator hose.
- Dive to a maximum depth of 40 metres / 130 feet.
- Use any optional combination of air, nitrox, trimix and / or oxygen (optional Trimix)
- Complete a maximum of 10 minutes' decompression.
- When completing a decompression dive, divers must use a bailout gas.
- This bailout gas must be safe to breathe at the maximum operating depth of the decompression dive.
- If this gas is different from the primary breathing gas, divers must use a multi-gas switch computer and perform no-decompression dives.
- Certify to use up to 100% oxygen to extend their no decompression dive times by using multi-level gas switch dive procedures.
- Bottom or back gas maximum PO2 is 1.4 and a maximum of 1.6 (1.4 to 1.5 recommended) for extended no stop diving.
- When divers are switching gases, they must use a multi-gas switch computer.
- Divers certify to use air, nitrox, oxygen and there is a trimix option with a maximum END/EAD of maximum 30 metres/100 foot.
|Decompression diving brings with it a new dimension. In the case of the Deco 40 course, depth is not increased but bottom time certainly|
|Open water training , COURSE TRAINING DIVES AND DIVE SPECIFIC SKILLS|
How to plan Simulated Deco – 10 minutes of planned simulated decompression stops.
Day 2 / Dive 1-2
|Practice sea skills with a minimum depth of 15 meters – a maximum depth of 20 meters. and a simulated deco – 10 minutes of dive plans and a simulated decompression stop and , dive 2 skills too. Minimum depth of 20 meters - maximum depth of 30 meters and practice doing DECO 3 stops.|
Day 3 / Dive 3-4
|Practice skills at sea with a minimum depth of 30 meters and a maximum depth of 40 meters , finding air to breathe - and tank replacement techniques,|
Day / Dive 5
|Minimum depth at 35 meters, maximum depth at 40 meters and it is a real DECO dive.|
Number of dives
|5 Ocean dives / 4 Days|
|16 Years +|
|40 m. + 10 min DECO|
Reason for Learning
|Understand ,This course trains a RAID Open Circuit Instructor how to properly plan and conduct a student level Deco 40 program to a maximum depth of 40 m/130 ft using air, nitrox or trimix as well as up to 100 percent oxygen for non-accelerated decompression up to 10 minutes.|
- The diver must be a minimum of 16 years old and a certified diver for at least 3 months.
- They should be a Certified RAID Explorer 30 or RAID Advanced 35 diver or equivalent.
- Divers must be certified as RAID Nitrox and RAID Deep 40 diver or equivalent and at least 20 logged hours underwater or 40 dives using open circuit.
There are 6 manuals and quizzes
e) Confined Water
f) Open Water
Divers MUST participate in at least one confined water skill session and 5 open water dives.
Price : 29,500 THB Net Price (27,500 THB for groups of 3 or more)
Price included :
- DECO 40 certification
- All dive equipment
- Dive Instructor
- Lunch , Fruit , Soft drink on the boat
Price not included :
- Transportation (Can be arranged)
How to book :
Please contact Thai Ocean Academy in any channel you prefer