|To train divers to use sidemount configuration to dive with one or two (preferred) independent cylinders. This program may be combined with other approved RAID diver programs, such as, the Nitrox and Wreck programs|
|2 Days (Minimum)|
|Confined Water session|
|Open Water Dives|
Number of dives
|4 Ocean Dives (Minimum)|
|Cadet 10-11 years, Junior 12-14, Full/Adult 15 years old +|
|Within the limits of student’s age and core level certifications|
Reason for Learning
|The sidemount dive configuration offers you more redundant air supply, and an alternative to a standard backmount configuration. Sidemount diving is often the first step to branching into even deeper technical decompression diving and cave diving|
The following are the course objectives
- The history of sidemount diving.
- The advantages of sidemount diving.
- The equipment used when sidemount diving.
- How to configure equipment for sidemount diving.
- What accessories are commonly used by sidemount divers?
- When to switch gas during the dive.
- Gas sharing techniques and what options are available.
- Safety and the independent diver philosophy
NOTE: The RAID Sidemount program can be completed by any certified diver and may even be completed in conjunction with The RAID Open Water 20 program. Likewise, depending on your certification and experience, the Sidemount program may be completed in conjunction with certain advanced level training programs like the Deco 50 or Cave Diver programs. Please consult standards when combining programs
Price : 18,500 THB Net Price (16,500 THB for groups of 3 or more)
Price included :
- Sidemount Diver certification
- All dive equipment
- Dive Instructor
- Lunch , Fruit , Soft drink on the boat
Price not included :
- Transportation (Can be arranged)
How to book :
Please contact Thai Ocean Academy in any channel you prefer